Kildare Whistle Models - One of the most popular pennywhistles for session use. There are 22 Kildare models and each have seperate head and body sections with a slightly tapered bore. They can be fine-tuned by pulling the joint in or out. Pulling the joint out makes the whistle tone flatter and pushing the head in makes it sharper. Each Kildare whistle includes a fingering chart, thumbrest, joint grease and a vinyl carrying case. Please note that the S-Series Bb is no longer available - Susato now makes a high Bb in the Oriole model.
10 features of Susato Whistles
1. Curved wind-way: this produces a rich, bright sound and makes for easy overblowing into the second octave.
2. Different bore sizes: for the choice of a softer or louder whistle in the same key.
3. New Susato Keys: low whistles are now easier to play - reduce the stretch and play with a more relaxed hand!
4. Oval tone holes: easier to cover than round holes.
5. Two piece models with separate head and body sections:
- makes whistle sets more economical - choose one head section and multiple bodies.
- make longer, low pitched whistles easier to store and carry.
- whistles are tuneable - pull out to flatten, push in to sharpen.
- ABS does not conduct heat as fast as metal and maintains more stable pitch in temperature changes.
- ABS is extremely durable, stable, and impervious to moisture.
- Serrated joints retain joint grease much longer (on Kildare models).
- A rubber -O- ring ensures an airtight seal at the joint.
8. Hand assembled: each instrument is tested by Susato staff to play at standard pitch.
9. Fingercharts: each whistle comes with a fingerchart and cork grease. (Kildare models also include vinyl case)
10. Made in the USA: All instruments are designed, crafted, and tested in North Carolina, USA